Summer Symposium 2016
Thirteen thought-leaders & luminaries will take you on a journey of self-discovery & awakening.
Newfield Network's Virtual Summer Symposium
Living the Art of Becoming
August 15th-27th 2016
This will be an opportunity for us to come
together as a community of change agents and become collectively
inspired, renewed, and transformed.
Over two short weeks we have welcomed 280 participants into the symposium! It is amazing to see people posting and sharing who they are and why they are here. Bottom line....people are fired up and ready to dive into an exploration together where we will co-create a more beautiful world!
For months we have been designing a virtual symposium with thirteen thought leaders & luminaries entitled: Living the Art of Becoming.
You will have access to mind-blowing presentations that explore the emergent edge of possibility that lives within us. Here you and I can discover how to think, feel, and practice in new ways to live a continually transformative life.
This becomes a springboard for participating in collectively designing a more brilliant future. In fact, we have created a post-symposium design & action section for participants to take what they have learned and work together to bring something new into the world.
Who Is This Symposium For?
- Do you desire transformative change in your life?
- Do you want to turn personal transformation into compassionate action in the world?
- Do you desire community of like-minded people to engage in new conversations & explore new possibilities together?
- Are you a coach, facilitator, teacher, leader, or practitioner of some kind who is looking for new tools & distinctions to support your clients?
- Do you passionately care about our world and want to participate in a collective movement for co-creating a more beautiful future?
If you answered YES! to any of these questions, this symposium is for you!
So what is Becoming anyway?
Becoming is the process by which life flourishes & blossoms, forever arising as something new, creative and fresh. Becoming is the heart of transformation itself. In this symposium, thirteen thought leaders & luminaries will offer diverse presentations centered around the theme of becoming.
And the best part…because it is a virtual symposium, you
can attend from anywhere and will have access to the videos forever after
the event is over! That way if you miss one of the presentations you can watch
it later or if you especially loved one in particular you can watch it over and
Join a community of like-minded people and engage in a powerful process of learning, today. You will be transported into new realms of discovery & offered practices to transform your life and the world.
Coaching Developmentally : The Three Questions to Inform your Coaching
This presentation outlines three questions that can help you as a coach learn the developmental level of your clients.
As coaches we want to bring our awareness to the depth of our clients so that they can find within themselves the sources of their own support and healing. So much of this depends on their developmental level. But how can you know what level someone is expressing when he or she is sitting right in front of you?
This presentation will help you see with new eyes, the three primary qualities that arise at each of four adult developmental levels. While there are hundreds of qualities that fit within a person’s stage, knowing the three parameters for each stage will support your understanding of where your client is right now. Whether your client wobbles, or grows, you can keep track of what stage they are accessing and adapt your interventions to them as they change. This is the art of developmental coaching.
Terri O'Fallon is a researcher, teacher, coach, spiritual director and designer of transformative containers. She recently completed research on the Integral Stages developmental model, identifying three later adult developmental levels and a series of patterns that repeat throughout the human life-scape. She and Kim Barta co-teach practical approaches for the application of this model for coaches, psychotherapists, parents, and other mentoring positions. Terri is a founding partner of Pacific Integral, which creates a variety of programs including “Generating Transformative Change”. Terri holds Masters degrees in Special Education, and in Spiritual direction and an Integral PhD in Transformative Learning and Change.
You will learn:
- By asking three questions you can determine the stage someone is activated at in the moment and tailor your interventions to fit that moment in time.
- When the client changes you can adapt and change the way you are with the client based on which parameter is changing for the client.
- To practice the art of developmental coaching during this presentation.
All Roads Lead Home: Unlocking the Power of Career and Relationship Through Presencing
Thomas McConkie will guide you during this session into a deep experience of your inmost knowing. Drawing on the science of human development and the art of meditative awareness, you will learn the basic steps to accessing your intuition and receiving inspiration along your unique path of Becoming.
Thomas is an author, public speaker, and meditation teacher. He currently serves as Faculty at Pacific Integral, one of the premiere institutes in the world for studying adult development and consciousness. He has been practicing mindfulness and other meditative techniques for 18 years.
You will explore:
- The basic territory of human development: Gross, Subtle, Causal.
- Bad habits: Thinking the day away.
- Subtle Yoga: Stretching awareness into its full range & glory.
- Clues you’re getting warmer: Go slow to go fast, walking the pathless path, taking the one seat.
Silken Threads of Transformation
What does eternity, the instant, and silken threads have to do with emergence?
In this presentation, he will take us on a journey through life as emergent process, gesture, and motion. Most of us are wired to experience life as if we are solid objects. In this presentation, we will compare that social norm with living life as an unfolding process. This will be explored through weaving together Integrally informed process philosophy with ancient Chinese medical wisdom. Through this we will discover the physiology of transformation and the art of evolutionary becoming. This presentation is perfect for anyone desiring deeper transformation in their lives, skills to work with life’s deepest pains, and coaches who want to add powerful tools to their practice.
Alexander Love is a renowned acupuncturist, life coach and cultural
luminary. He recently participated in a TEDx event and gave a deeply
moving talk entitled
How embracing pain creates a legacy of love.
You will explore:
- What is spiritual & emotional heart pain & what you can do about it.
- The key to perpetual transformation.
- The qualities of the emergent soul & how to locate it within yourself.
- Practices that will transform trauma into a treasure trove of wisdom and discovery.
Integral, Evolutionary & Spiritual Perspectives on the Practice of Medicine
East Asian medicine evolved in a cultural milieu influenced by by the precepts of Daoism, Confucianism, and later Buddhism. The emphasis of both Daoism and Buddhism is on return and transcendence. East Asian philosophy and medicine immigrated to the West in the 17th century and has been growing in influence in the United States for nearly 50 years in the context of postmodern culture. In this talk I'll discuss the implications of East Asian Medicine becoming a world medicine that embraces integral, evolutionary, and spiritual values. In the traditional context, using medicine to "free the flow of qi" was conceived as "harmonizing" a patient with the circular flow of the seasons to establish homeostasis. What does medicine look like when evolution is a core value associated with health?
Lonny S. Jarrett, M. Ac., author of Nourishing Destiny, The Inner Tradition of Chinese Medicine, has been a student of Chinese medicine since 1980. He holds a master’s degree in neurobiology and a fourth-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Lonny maintains his clinical practice in Stockbridge, Massachusetts.
- Understand Medicine as an archetype of the transcendence of the East/West dichotomy.
- Learn how becoming is synonymous with health.
- Learn the relationship between spiritual, evolutionary, and integral values in the practice of medicine.
- How can the evolution of values improve organ function?
- Why is East Asian medicine a perfect foundation for the emergence of integral medicine?
Barbara Marx Hubbard
The Art of Evolving: What is the Evolutionary Impulse Creating in You?
Drawing from her deep understanding of the lessons of evolution, Barbara will offer insights about the crises humanity is facing today and suggest how you can contribute your unique brilliance to transform your personal life and society.
Barbara Marx Hubbard has been called "the mother of conscious evolution." Visionary, speaker, social innovator, and evolutionary thinker—she believes that crises precede transformation and that global change happens when we work collectively for the greater good.
A prolific author and educator, Barbara has written seven books on personal and social evolution, including Conscious Evolution, Emergence, and 52 Codes for Conscious Self Evolution.
In 1984 her name was placed in nomination for the Vice Presidency of the U.S. on the Democratic ticket, calling for a "Peace Room" to scan for, map, connect and communicate what is working in America and the world.
You will explore:
Dr. Susanne Cook-Greuter
Ego’s Function, Language & Integration
In this presentation, we will discuss the ego and its central task to make sense of experience and its fabulous capacity for story telling and map making in its efforts to feel significant and deny our impermanence. An exercise with scissors will bring some more abstract considerations of language into focus and an anchoring exercise may help to access an inner resource. I will advocate the need for integration and grounding at all levels as part of being a human being in contrast to the current emphasis on transcending.
Dr. Susanne Cook-Greuter is a founding member and elder of the Integral Institute . She is considered a thought leader in ego development theory and structural text analysis. Susanne received her doctorate from Harvard University. She teaches vertical development worldwide, certifies professionals in developmentally-tailored coaching. At CLM, she works with companies to help them become teal organizations.
- Unpack the need of the self (ego) for permanence and significance.
- Explore the centrality of language in meaning making.
- Learn the importance of integration of all levels to balance the current emphasis on ego-transcendence.
- Discover the centrality of the coach as an instrument. The more mature and the better tuned to all levels, the more impactful.
- Navigate central questions for the coach: What is it like to be you, this unique person I am privy to encountering?
- Explore a caveat regarding coaches’ egos: Sowing seeds rather than hoping to get rewarded with results.
Creating Your Path of Becoming
We have the choice of drift or design in our life’s journey, but most in our culture are unaware of the choice. Awareness creates choice, and we must become aware of the choices of design to bring them to our process of becoming. In this conversation Bob will discuss how we can bring the context of design in choosing to become who we are.
Bob Dunham is founder of the Institute for Generative Leadership (IGL) and has trained hundreds of graduates in the three-year Coaching Excellence in Organizations (CEO) program. IGL partners with Newfield Network - the leading school of ontological coaching - and also offers the discipline of Generative Leadership and management in the Generative Leadership Program™ (GLP). Bob’s experience as a corporate executive and COO of startups informs over thirty years of coaching, consulting, and result-based practices for effective leadership and coaching in organizations. Bob works to establish leadership, management, and coaching in organizations as mature professions.
You will explore:
- Aliveness – How do we discover our meaning and what life is calling us to?
- Choice & Care– How do we make our life choices for meaning and value?
- Becoming – What is the process of becoming? What are the dimensions of choice?
- Design – How do we inform our choices to have a good life, be most ourselves, and explore our possibilities?
- Create Your Path – What must we do to find, hold, and walk our path?
The Evolution of Consciousness - How & Why
Steve McIntosh is a leader in the integral philosophy movement and author or three books on the evolution of consciousness: The Presence of the Infinite (2015), Evolution’s Purpose (2012), and Integral Consciousness (2007). He works as President of the Institute for Cultural Evolution, an integral political think tank.
In this webinar he will discuss how human consciousness evolves, and how that development can be fostered in ourselves and others. From a political perspective, almost every human problem is a “problem of consciousness,” so becoming more effective at evolving consciousness is a key to addressing the challenges of the twenty-first century.
- Learn about integral philosophy.
- Learn about the spiritual teachings of evolution.
- Better understand your own consciousness.
- Gain compassion for those who hold different values than you.
- Expand the scope of what you’re able to value.
Tending a "Garden of Lions"
Terry Patten is co-creator and co-author, with Ken Wilber, of Integral Life Practice. He hosts the influential teleseminar series Beyond Awakening, where he explores how higher consciousness can address our biggest challenges. Terry has originated influential teachings on Integral Spiritual Practice, the Integral Heart, Integral Soul Work, spiritual activism and awakened mutuality. His new book, The Awakening Activist, will be released in Spring 2017.
Essential Movements for the Art of Living
Do you want to accelerate and enhance your capacity to coach and live powerfully?Are you curious about learning essential movement to create sustainable change? Is learning powerful models to enhance the transformation process appealing to you?
Join globally recognized somatics expert Gonzalo Cordova NCC, PCC for an experience that will allow you to take your body and your coaching to a new level.This webinar invites you to explore new paths of learning and growth, and will leave you touched, moved, and inspired personally and professionally.
Together we will explore and learn to recognize somatic, linguistic and emotional distinctions and their application in life and coaching.You will develop an enhanced awareness of the role of your body in life and in coaching conversations, and as a result new possibilities will emerge.
"Learning is a rumor until it is in the muscle."
You will learn to:
- Elevate your presence with distinctions of coaching from the body.
- Learn to learn through experience.
- Facilitate transformational processes through body and emotional practices, and learn to sustain them over time.
- Rediscover your potential to be inspired.
- Build the bridge that connects the mind and the heart to gain deeper listening.
The Space Between Stories
Civilization's transition mirrors that of many individuals: an old world falls apart and eventually we step into a new. As that happens, much that was once certain disintegrates, and our old ways of making choices and effecting change become obsolete. Vast new possibilities arise, even miraculous possibilities, yet we may also go through periods of loneliness and doubt. The purpose of this discussion is simple: to ground ourselves more solidly in the new world, so that we may more fully believe -- and enact -- what we know in our hearts.
Charles Eisenstein is a speaker and writer focusing on themes of human culture and identity. He is the author of several books, most recently Sacred Economics and The More Beautiful World our Hearts Know is Possible. His background includes a degree in mathematics and philosophy from Yale, a decade in Taiwan as a translator, and stints as a college instructor, a yoga teacher, and a construction worker. He currently writes and speaks full-time. He lives in Asheville, North Carolina with his wife and four children.
Veronica Olalla Love
Poised on the Needles' Edge: Integrating Being & Becoming
Bonus Audio Recording
Activating the Impulse of Evolution
What’s really possible for our higher spiritual evolution? In this evocative seminar, Craig Hamilton shares from his own experience on the spiritual path to illustrate the profound evolutionary potential for your life—and all of human life.
He illuminates how you can awaken to the evolutionary impulse—the powerful creative force that animates the universe—and align with it so that your entire orientation towards life is infused with deeper meaning and higher purpose.
In practical yet inspiring terms, Craig reveals how you can begin to access this vital energy and approach life through this empowering perspective. And he offers specific practices that will allow you to begin cultivating an evolutionary relationship to life today.
Craig Hamilton is a pioneer in the emerging field of evolutionary spirituality and a leading voice in the movement for conscious evolution. As the guiding force behind Integral Enlightenment, Craig offers spiritual guidance and teachings to a growing international community spanning 50 countries around the world.
In this Guest Faculty bonus workshop, you will discover how to…
- Use a powerful practice you can engage anytime during the day to infuse your life and actions with the boundless energy of evolution itself—and why this kind of “engaged inquiry practice” is often more transformative than silent meditation and contemplation.
- Cultivate an “inner compass” that will enable you to stay “on purpose” and aligned with Spirit even when you’re feeling overwhelmed by the chaos and complexity of daily life.
- Make the profound but simple shift in orientation that can allow you to bring the wisdom and awakening you’ve experienced in your deepest moments into every moment of your life.
- Access the three pillars of conscious evolution and why ignoring any one of them will always sabotage our efforts to evolve.